To renew please print and fill out the membership form: Click on Membership Form
Since 1869 the mission of the Hamilton Academy of Dentistry has been to provide support to its members in their pursuit of excellence in the practice of dentistry. To fulfill this mandate, the Academy provides numerous services to its members including:
- emergency weekend service for your patients - you have less than one weekend every 2 years to cover.
- mediation of disputes between patients and their HAD dentist
- continuing education programs
- mentoring for new members of the profession
- liaison with media and other professional organizations
- public relations
- representation at the Ontario Dental Association
- social functions including golf day, ski day, dinner dance, continuing education trips etc.
- discounted medical emergency drug refills annually
For more information please contact the president at [email protected].
MEMBER OBLIGATION: All Ontario dentists in private practice are required by the RCDSO regulations to provide for after hour emergencies for their patients. The HAD provides a weekend emergency service for patients of HAD dentists - a very valuable service for both. All active members (specialists excepted) are required to staff this service and agree to adhere to the HAD emergency weekend service guidelines. This means HAD members have less than one weekend every 2 years to be on call - it's worth joining for that alone! Members who provide weekend coverage for Long (Holiday) weekends wil receive a gift certificate for a Hamilton area restaurant.
Only dentists who have offices or live within the Hamilton Academy of Dentistry's boundaries (as defined by the ODA) are eligible to participate in this program.
For more information about the emergency weekend program please click on Details.